Measuring and optimisation of geometric accuracy of the machine
We measure the geometric accuracy of horizontal boring mills manufactured by TOS VARNSDORF a.s. and RETOS VARNSDORF s.r.o. using a modern laser interferometer RENISHAW XL-80, in combination with measuring system for NC and CNC machines RENISHAW BALLBAR QC20-W.
- an accurate and reliable machine is one of the basic building stones of first-rate manufacture
- a poor-quality machine does not necessarily cause a production of rejects – however, it has an essential influence on labour productivity
- there are various causes for poor-quality products, apart from machine error – tool error, mistakes on the drawing, inconvenient technology, operator's fault, error in NC programme etc. The wider the range of potential causes is, the more difficult and longer is their analysis. It certainly is good to know that the machine is not the cause.
Area of application:
- Laser XL-80 – CNC and also conventional machines
- Ballbar QC20-W – CNC machines with possibility of circular interpolation
- straightness of movable groups guidance
- evaluation of mutual perpendicularities of movable groups
- evaluation of metering system errors and inaccuracies
- diagnostics of clearances in movable groups drives
- diagnostics of movable groups drives adjustment
- volumetric measurement of machine tools (in XY, YZ and XZ axes)
Results of measuring:
- expert opinion of technical condition of machine
- summary of results in clear charts and tables
- evaluation of results according to the ISO 230-2, VDI / DGQ 3441 and ČSN 200300 standards
Final status - target:
- optimisation of geometric accuracy of basic machine hardware – balance, perpendicularity, limitation of clearances
- optimisation of metering accuracy – linear and non-linear correction of metering systems
- machine dynamics optimisation – accuracy of machining, starting up to position
- elimination of the impact of machine hardware imperfection on the machining accuracy
The conditions for measuring are a functional machine ready for use, a proper measuring environment (cleanliness), as well as a stable temperature.
For further questions do not hesitate to contact us.